Meet Annette Cleveland
Why Should You Support Annette Cleveland?
It has been a privilege to serve you these last eight years as your state senator representing the 49th Legislative District and our community of Vancouver. Since taking office in January 2013, I have worked to build relationships in Olympia based upon trust and respect. I believe the only sustainable path to success on your behalf in the Legislature is through strong collaboration and honest discussion, even when those conversations are hard.
I see one of my biggest responsibilities as championing state support for our community. I was able to ensure critical funding be included in our state Capital Budget for important projects here at home that help build infrastructure, a more viable community, and create jobs. These projects—over $1.057 Billion—include:
- $1 billion - I-5 Bridge Replacement project
- $35 million - I-5 Bridge Replacement project planning
- $9.7 million - Port of Vancouver Terminal 1 Project
- $5 million - C-Tran Bus Rapid Transit
- $3.5 million - Vancouver Waterfront Development Project
- $1.7 million - Clark County Tenny Creek Assisted Living Facility
- $1.5 million - Daybreak Youth Services
- $1.2 million - The Boys and Girls Club
- $1.2 million - CDM Services
- $1.03 million - City of Vancouver
- $1 million - The Academy roof repair
- $1 million - Clark County Law Enforcement Regional Training Facility
- $800,000 - Fourth Plain Forward
- $750,000 - Bridgeview
- $515,000 - Columbia Play Project
- $425,000 - Clark County Behavioral Health Facility
- $309,000 - The Academy
- $230,000 - YWCA Clark County
- $185,000 - Marshall Play Park
- $103,000 - The Academy Smokestack Replacement
- $100,000 - Columbia Dance
Born and raised in the 49th Legislative District, I have been a life-long Democrat. Growing up in a working family, my Dad, a longshoreman and proud member of the ILWU, taught me the importance of loyalty, hard work, speaking out against injustices, and standing up for one another, and for what is right. These are the core values I take with me to Olympia.I am excited to run for re-election to the Washington State Senate. I will continue to work hard to demonstrate that politics and public policy can be accomplished with respect, dignity, honor, and civility.
Sign up for our newsletter
Sign up and receive regular updates on the inspiring work we're doing to build a brighter future for the 49th district and more. Together, we can make a real difference.
“Annette’s commitment to education is one of the many reasons I am supporting her…Annette won’t settle for anything less than a first class education for our kids. She will fight to make school funding a top priority and make sure that every child has the opportunity to excel. Annette has been endorsed by the Washington Education Association and I’m proud to support her campaign.”
- Al Bauer, Retired State Senator
“Annette knows the value of good paying jobs and appreciates that our economy is only as strong as the middle class that supports it”
- Cager Clabaugh, ILWU Local 4
“We need a State Senator who was born and raised in Clark County, has chosen Clark County as THE best place to work and raise her own family, knows the community, its growth and needs. That’s Annette Cleveland.”
- Ginger Metcalf, Consultant, Community and Economic Development, Governmental Affairs
“Throughout the 23 years I have known and worked with Annette on numerous significant community projects such as the Vancouver Land Bridge, and the Marshall Lecture Series, she has been a great listener, worked diligently, has been caring and thoughtful – always a professional. Whatever the situation, Annette exemplifies the 'service above self' quality."
- Jane Jacobsen, Executive Director, Confluence Project
“Having worked with Annette for more than 12 years while she was in Senator Murray’s office and at the American Cancer Society, I have seen first hand her tireless efforts to help constituents and cancer patients. An example of her commitment to work for and support our community was her key role in the Kaiser Shipyards 50-year Anniversary. Annette was a key member of the steering committee to recognize and thank the people in our community who were part of the greatest generation for their diligent effort during World War II, specifically at the Kaiser Vancouver Shipyards.”
- Sue Fratt, retired, former SW WA Director, Governor Booth Gardner, Executive Director American Lung Association Western Region